Is Roosevelt Your School? Click on the link below to find your local school.
Coming to School Matters
When students Miss School, they Miss Out. Did you know that children who do not attend school regularly are more likely to:
- Fall behind in their school work.
- Find it difficult to make and keep friends
- Be unhappy at school.
- Misbehave so others cannot see that they are finding the work difficult.
- Get into bad routines that can affect them getting or keeping a job later in life.
Facts and figures
Did you know?
- 10 minutes late to school each day = 33 hours lost in one year
- Your child being late disturbs the whole class from learning
- 90% attendance through school life is equal to a whole year of school being missed!
- Having good routines helps your child get into good patterns for the future.
- Make sure your child understands why school is important.
- Show your child that you are interested in what they have done at school.
- Get everything ready the night before school.
- Arrange appointments before or after school or during the school holidays.
- Set your alarm and your child’s alarm clocks. See who can beat the clock!